The project under the Innovative Economy Programme 2007–2013: Priority 2 “Infrastructure for R&D”, Measure 2.3 “Investments in development of infrastructure of science”, sub 2.3.2 “Projects for the development of science information resources in digital form”
Inventorum is designed to facilitate cooperation between the economy sector and the science sphere. To achieve this goal, we identify the needs of businesses that require conducting research and development.
Most importantly, our systems will enable the extraction of information from various databases. The knowledge generated by Inventorum can then be used by the scientific community in understanding the processes occurring in the innovative economy enabling thus proper planning of their research.
Such an approach is justified because – as it is clear from the analysis – effective collaboration between scientists and entrepreneurs and market applications of the R&D projects’ results in Poland are still very difficult.
Inventorum will contain the following blocks of information:
- Innovative companies
- Intellectual capital of companies
- Markets for innovative products
- Experts and reviewers
These tools will forecast cooperation of business with the R&D sphere, diagnose potential knowledge of the Polish business sector, and identify potential areas of application. Inventorum’s users will be able to find experts and professionals for their projects, and search for conferences and scientific meetings.
Entrepreneurs and researchers will find answers to the following dilemmas:
- I am not competitive and I want to find out what to invest in.
- I need a business or scientific partner for my project.
- I doubt whether I will find markets for my product.
- I want to reach out to the expert or researcher, who could solve my technological problem.
- I am looking for a reviewer for an assessment of the project.
- I want to learn more about the potential of a research university, a region, a country.
- I am looking for employees with the highest qualifications.
- I am looking for information about scientific conferences in my field.
- I am going to reach the largest audience possible for my conference.
- I have no idea what is worth studying nowadays and what the commercial world needs.
- I need a sponsor for my research idea or a commercial partner to the grant.
- I don’t know where I can commercialize the received research results.
- I am looking for information on where to deploy already finished product.
- I need collaborators to the project.
- I am looking for inspiration for own work by scanning work of others.
- I want to share my scientific profile to be visible in an innovative environment.
- I need information about scientific events.
- I want to popularize my conference among entrepreneurs.